One of the reasons why I don't play World of Warcraft is because of the price. The idea of paying the game card every 2 months just doesn't sound right to me. I mean 1 year worth of Xbox Live card has the same price as the 2 months worth of WoW game card. This is just ridiculously high cost to play one game. I know I actually bought the 14 day trial cd for $1.99 to see if it's worth spending that much money and to be honest, I don't think I will.
As the time goes on, the price comes down and that applies to most of gaming products. The game itself has gone down to 19.99 but why isn't the price of game card going down? Well I'll tell you why because it is an inelastic product which means people still buy it if the price increases.
I truly believe that it is because of those people who are willing to spend their money on the game, the price isn't going down. It will never go down. I read the article that the new WoW expansion is coming out. Great. Another reason for those WoW geeks to spend their money on "not so great but looks attractive" game.
So my question is this. Is the price to play WoW justice? or is it injustice? I do believe that it is injustice and Blizzard is trying to make easy money (smart marketing for them as well). It is a very selfish act that they don't actually care about those who can't afford or should I rather say those who are smart enough to refuse to play the game.
Thursday, August 23, 2007
World of Warcraft, justice or injustice?
Labels:
blizzard,
computer,
computer games,
game,
game card,
games,
iparden,
parden,
video game,
warcraft,
world of warcraft,
wow
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment